Founded in 1999, RewardStream pioneered the referral marketing space, launching our first refer-a-friend program in 2003. We specialize in the tactical execution of referral marketing programs that leverage our social recommendation platform to help brands to acquire, engage, and retain their most valuable stakeholders – customers.
By utilizing an innovative blend of marketing insight and proprietary SaaS technology, RewardStream turns an existing customer base into a powerful new sales channel for all of our clients like major wireless carriers, financial institutions, and online/ecommerce businesses. To date, we’ve delivered over $300 million in new business to our clients like AT&T, Cricket Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, First West Credit Union, and more.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will apply your proven development skills towards and directly contribute to our core technology products. You will take the lead on tackling interesting and engaging problems to do with feature deliverability and usability. You will be part of our small, nimble, and focused team of developers and QA following agile development methodology. We offer a fun, respectful, supportive, and collaborative culture and we expect that same from new team members. We’re a growing company that works with world class brands and is looking to grow our customer base very quickly. If you’re committed to getting stuff done in a flexible work environment, if you’re comfortable in a wide variety of front-end development environments, and if you arrive ready to deploy code on your first day — you’ll be a good fit here.
- Take ownership of designing and developing outstanding front-end solutions used by our clients and their end customers that work well across multiple screen sizes, browsers, email clients, and operating systems.
- Perform code reviews and provide your stamp-of-approval for all front-end code.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices to make sound technical decisions.
- Deliver and maintain high quality code focused on usability and user-centric design principles.
- Write and maintain unit tests.
- Collaborate with QA to ensure smooth QA handoff.
- Document code, designs, and configuration specifications.
- Reduce technical debt as required across our platform.
- Accurately estimate and prioritize work with consistent deadlines while handling client requests.
- Comfortable leading and mentoring other developers.
- Be comfortable working both with a team and independently.
- Be a clear and unambiguous communicator.
- Be comfortable shipping code constantly.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities.
- Monitor and support operations of production systems.
- Collaborate with the product team for technical designs and approaches to user stories.
Skills and Knowledge
- 5 or more years of senior web development experience in a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions in a SaaS environment.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular.JS and Bootstrap.
- Experience in integrating front-end frameworks with backend RESTful APIs.
- Experience designing and building reusable and scalable front-end components.
- Experience designing interactivity into things: the ability to take a mock up and ‘bring it to life’ with interactivity like drill-down, useful animations, etc.
- Experience leading teams to develop with high quality, extensive test coverage and quality assurance in mind.
- Completely familiar with desktop and mobile UI best practices.
- Computer science degree or equivalent.
- Amazing references.
Our Technical Approach
- Agile – daily standups, two week sprints, monthly major releases.
- Java back-end, Restlet framework.
- Oracle and Postgres databases.
- Atlassian suite: JIRA Agile, Bitbucket, Bamboo CI, Confluence.
- Git source control.
- Continuous Integration, code quality, and security monitoring.
- Zero-downtime deployments.
How to Apply:
We’re looking for A-players that are motivated by growth and have a strong work ethic and passion for development. If that’s you, please apply! Send us a resume (and Github handle, if you have one) at firstname.lastname@example.org.